We are Hiring!
ED is seeking a Policy and Research Officer to start July 2022.
Founded in 1994, EUROPA DONNA – The European Breast Cancer Coalition is an independent non-profit organization whose members are affiliated groups from countries throughout Europe. The Coalition works to raise awareness of breast cancer and to mobilise the support of European women in pressing for improved breast cancer education, appropriate screening, optimal treatment and increased funding for research.
Europa Donna currently has national groups in 47 member countries. Its Head Office is located in Milan, Italy but it is an international organization whose official language is English, so all written and oral correspondence is in English.
Part-time Policy Officer who will assist Executive Director for European health policy initiatives and how these affect Europeans. This person will follow: all activities in Brussels, in particular policy areas of the European Commission and European Parliament; new and continuing partnership initiatives on breast cancer; directives on clinical trials; pharma initiatives; and s/he will represent Europa Donna in various meetings on the above. S/he will develop and carry out surveys on topics that relate to Europa Donna’s advocacy work and will present the results at meetings. Likewise, s/he will assist the Executive Director in developing Europa Donna positions on various topics and will present and/or publish them on behalf of the organisation. S/he will assist the Executive Director with the development and execution of strategic plans.
- English at native speaker/writer level
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 or more years of relevant professional experience
- A university degree, preferably in a relevant field, such as Public Health, Law, International Relations, European Affairs, Politics, or Economics
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Public presentation skills and experience
- Ability to analyse and evaluate scientific research documents
- Ability to synthesise technical scientific documents and communicate them in language for the lay public and patient advocates who are not scientists
- Personal experience of breast cancer and/or scientific background helpful
This person will report directly to the Executive Director of Europa Donna – The European Breast Cancer Coalition.
What we offer:
Europa Donna – The European Breast Cancer Coalition offers a competitive salary and benefits consummate with experience. Room for growth
Hours: part-time (25 hours/week), flexible working hours; some travel will be involved
Location: Milan, Italy
Starting date: 1 July 2022
How to apply:
- Please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English, mentioning your earliest start date and salary expectation to email@example.com by 1 June 2022 with the subject line “Policy and Research Officer”
- Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age