To download the conference brochure click here
23-24 October 2021 Zagreb, Croatia
European Breast Cancer Advocacy: New Strategies for a New Normal
EUROPA DONNA’s 15th Pan-European Conference, entitled “New Strategies for a New Normal,” will give participants an overview of the state of breast cancer advocacy in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, which continues to impact every aspect of breast services in Europe and threatens hard-fought progress we have made over the past quarter century. The conference will provide updated information to help advocates improve breast services in their countries, making use of lessons learned in the pandemic. Scientific experts will provide lectures on research, breast imaging and the role of AI in screening, breast surgery and testing for biomarkers and personalized care. Implementation of the ECIBC project and Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan will be covered as well as topics of interest to advocates such as return to work after breast cancer and dealing with long term effects of breast cancer treatment. Advocates will participate in workshops giving practical guidance on managing long term survivorship, and strategies for return to work. Special networking groups for young women with breast cancer, women with metastatic breast cancer and women with genetic risk will be held.
Join us in Zagreb, a charming and vibrant capital where Continental Europe, the Mediterranean and Southeast Europe meet, to come together and network with advocates from many countries, to share ideas, gain inspiration, and acquire the knowledge needed to improve breast cancer services in your country. Strict social distancing will be practiced and those who are not able to be present can register to participate online.
IT’S TIME FIND “NEW STRATEGIES FOR A NEW NORMAL”
The Westin Zagreb****
Zagreb, 10000 Croatia
Phone: +385 1 4892 000
The Westin Zagreb takes the safety of their guests and associates very seriously and follows local COVID regulations which include social distancing, provision of disinfection stations throughout the hotel. Their full policy can be viewed here: https://www.maistra.com/other/covid-19
The 15th Pan European Conference will be held following the current COVID-19 rules and regulations for public events.
Friday, 22 October 2021
- Cocktail Reception at The Westin Zagreb Hotel
- Dinner at The Westin Zagreb Hotel
Saturday, 23 October 2021
- From Past to Present – Susan Knox, Executive Director Emeritus, Europa Donna, The European Breast Cancer Coalition
- Keynote Speech: Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan - Stella Kyriakides, EU Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, Brussels, Belgium
- Lessons learned from the Covid-19 pandemic for the future of breast cancer research and care- Fatima Cardoso, Director Breast Unit, Champalimaud Clinical Center Lisbon, Portugal, President ABC Global Alliance
- Current treatments and research for early breast cancer and advanced breast cancer: where are we today? – Natalija Dedić Plavetić, Head of the Outpatient Clinic, Department of the Oncology, University Hospital Centre Zagreb, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Testing for Biomarkers and personalized care: the new frontier - Ivan Đikić, Institute of Biochemistry II, Goethe University Frankfurt
- Breast surgery: what should advocates be looking for in a breast surgeon? -Fiorita Poulakaki, M.D, Ph.D, FEBS (European Board of Surgeons on Breast Surgery) – Breast Surgeon, Head of Breast Surgery Department, Euroclinic Athens, National Delegate Europa Donna Hellas and ED Executive Board Member
- Breast Imaging: updates and what is the role of AI in the future in screening? – Ritse Mann, Radboud University Medical Centre (Radboudumc), Department of Medical Imaging – Nijmegen and The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Department of Radiology – Amsterdam, The Netherlands; chair of the Scientific Committee of EUSOBI
- ECIBC: European Commission Initiative on Breast Cancer: focus on QA Scheme and implementation – Luciana Neamtiu, PhD, Project Officer, Healthcare Quality Team & Cancer Information Team, European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Italy
- Survivorship issues facing breast cancer patients – Ljiljana Vukota, Head of Center for Psychological Assistance at NGO “EVERYTHING for HER!,”Zagreb, Croatia
- Workshops on advocacy for young women, for women with metastatic breast cancer, genetic risk and personalised medicine, survivorship and strategies for return to work
- Conference Dinner at The Westin Zagreb Hotel
Sunday, 24 October 2021
- Prevention: Breast Health Day Programme within the Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan
- Forum Presentations
- EUROPA DONNA General Assembly
The 15th Pan European Conference will be held in person in Zagreb and for those who are unable to travel, they can participate on-line for the Saturday Plenary sessions only.
In person registration rate: Euro 95.00
On-Line Registration: Euro 35.00
Accompanying person rate (for non-registered participants attending social events only) Euro 150.00*
*Includes Friday night cocktail & dinner, lunch & dinner Saturday and lunch Sunday
The closing date for registration is 8 October 2021
For registration and payment information see the conference registration page at https://events.europadonna.org/
Conference registration fees can be paid by the following method:
- Bank transfer to the account of EUROPA DONNA – The European Breast Cancer Coalition:
IBAN: IT52 S 05034 01710 000000030515 BIC/SWIFT: BAPPIT21597
Please indicate the NAME of the conference participant and “EUROPA DONNA CONFERENCE ZAGREB live participation”
Or the NAME of the conference participant and “EUROPA DONNA CONFERENCE ZAGREB online participation”
Each conference participant is responsible for making her/his own travel arrangements and hotel reservations. The hotel reservations are not handled by EUROPA DONNA- The European Breast Cancer Coalition.
Hotel and room rates available for the 15th EUROPA DONNA Pan-European Conference:
The Westin Zagreb****
Zagreb, 10000 Croatia
Phone: +385 1 4892 000
Deluxe Room Single occupancy: €95 inc. breakfast
Deluxe Room Double occupancy: €105 inc. breakfast
Link for Reservation:
The hotel room rates include the applicable VAT but does not include city tax of €1,60 per person per night. In the event of changes to these taxes, the hotel reserves the right to vary the rates/taxes accordingly
Last day for reservation: 8 October 2021
Take advantage of the special rates and book your place at the Westin Zagreb Hotel. After this date the hotels do not guarantee the conference rates and availability!
Please remember that each conference participant is responsible for making her/his own travel arrangements and hotel reservations. The hotel reservations are not handled by EUROPA DONNA- The European Breast Cancer Coalition.
Participants of the 15th EUROPA DONNA Pan-European Conference must make their own travel arrangements.
Participants should travel with an EU Digital Covid Certificate or equivalent and be prepared to present this to the organisers upon arrival.
Participants are advised to purchase travel and medical insurance. EUROPA DONNA – The European Breast Cancer Coalition and EUROPA DONNA Croatia cannot be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage to any person or property. The liability of persons and enterprises providing means of transportation or services, however remains unchanged.
EUROPA DONNA – The European Breast Cancer Coalition
Piazza Amendola, 3
20149 Milan –Italy
Tel: +39 02 3659 2280
Fax: : +39 02 3659 2284