To download the conference brochure click here
12th EUROPA DONNA Pan-European Conference European Breast Cancer Advocacy: TIME FOR ACTION ON EQUAL ACCESS
17-18 October 2015 Paris – France
Time for Action on Equal Access
Is the theme of this year’s conference which will describe the essential breast services that women should receive and provide some strategies to advocate for their implementation across all European countries. The time for action is now as the deadline for implementation of specialist breast units according to the European Parliament Breast Cancer resolution is 2016. Participants will learn about the ECIBC (European Commission Initiative on Breast Cancer) project, as well as hear from experts on trends in research and personalised medicine, advances in treatment, and information on survivorship programs. Advocates will participate in workshops providing concrete information on advocating for improved breast cancer services, survivorship plans and using social media. In addition, special networking groups for young women with breast cancer and women with metastatic breast cancer will be held.
Join us in the fascinating city of Paris, one of Europe’s most beautiful and popular tourist attractions-a spectacular setting in which to meet and network with advocates from many countries and a unique environment in which to share ideas, gain inspiration, and acquire the knowledge and expertise needed to improve breast cancer services in your country.
Now is the “ Time for action on equal access.”
Friday, 16 October 2015
- 14:30-18:30 Registration
- 19:15-20:00 Cocktail Reception hosted by Europa Donna France
- 20:00-22:30 Dinner at Novotel Paris Est
Saturday, 17 October 2015
- The European Commission perspective on access to high quality breast cancer services in Europe – Michael Hübel, Head of Unit, Programme Management and Diseases-Public Health, European Commission
- National cancer plans – what breast cancer advocates need to know – Agnes Buzyn, President of INCa (National Cancer Institute, France
- Roundtable – current trends in breast cancer research and treatment:
- Research and personalized medicine – Dr. Véronique Diéras, Medical Oncologist, Head of Clinical Research, Clinical Investigational Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, Institute Curie, France
- Current best practice in diagnosis and surgery for breast cancer – Professor Riccardo A. Audisio, University of Liverpool, ESSO President, BASO President, EJSO Editor-in-Chief, Consultant Surgical Oncologist, St Helens Teaching Hospital, UK
- Trends in treating MBC – Joseph Gligorov MD,PhD, Medical Oncology Dept, APHP Tenon, Head of Cancer Coordination Center HUEP and Breast Cancers Expert Center Member of INSERM U938 team, France
- Genetic Mutations – Dr Odile Cohen Haguenauer, MCU-PH, Head of Oncogenetics-Centre des Maladies du Sein Hôpital Saint-Louis, Co-coordinator of the APHP-INCa high risk Network, France
- Survivorship Plans: the new follow up for breast cancer – Amanda Shewbridge, Consultant Nurse in Breast Cancer, Guys and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Mind-Body approaches to support living with and beyond breast cancer – Dr Caroline Hoffman, OAM, PhD, RN, BSW, Clinical and Research Director, The Haven, UK
- Workshops on advocacy for young women, for women with metastatic breast cancer, survivorship, using social media for advocacy, lobbying for best practice
Sunday, 18 October 2015
- Wrap up from workshops
- Highlights from Breast Health Day
- Forum Presentations
- EUROPA DONNA General Assembly
Registration Fee: Euro 100.00
Accompanying person rate (for non registered participants attending social events only) Euro 150.00*
*Includes Friday night cocktail & dinner, lunch Saturday and Sunday, and conference dinner Saturday night
The closing date for registration is 2 October 2015
Conference registration fees can be paid by the following methods:
- Cheque in Euro made out to EUROPA DONNA – The European Breast Cancer Coalition
- Bank transfer to the account of EUROPA DONNA – The European Breast Cancer Coalition:
IBAN: IT46 J05584 01611 000000030515 BIC/SWIFT: BPMIITMM
Please indicate the NAME of the conference participant and “FOR EUROPA DONNA CONFERENCE PARIS”
Novotel Paris Est
1 Avenue de la République
Tel. +33 1 49936300
Fax. +33 1 43608395
To reserve a hotel room at the Novotel Paris Est– please complete your reservation request on line using the special dedicated website for the Pan European Conference.
Double for Single use: €131 inc. breakfast
Double for double use: €142 inc. breakfast
For questions relating to the hotel reservations please contact
Tel : +33 1 49 93 63 36
Fax : +33 1 49 93 63 93
Please remember that each conference participant is responsible for making her/his own travel arrangements and hotel reservations.
The hotel reservations are not handled by EUROPA DONNA- The European Breast Cancer Coalition.
Social Highlights (included in the registration price)
16 October 2015
- Welcome Cocktail Reception at the Novotel Paris Est hosted by Europa Donna France
- Dinner at Novotel Paris Est
17 October 2015
- Conference Dinner in the popular historic location – Montmartre
Please contact the hotel reception for general tour information prior or upon arrival.
Participants of the 12th EUROPA DONNA Pan-European Conference must make their own travel arrangements.
Participants are advised to purchase travel and medical insurance. EUROPA DONNA – The European Breast Cancer Coalition and EUROPA DONNA France cannot be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage to any person or property. The liability of persons and enterprises providing means of transportation or services, however remains unchanged. The participant takes part in all tours at his/her own risk.
EUROPA DONNA – The European Breast Cancer Coalition
Piazza Amendola, 3
20149 Milan –Italy
Tel: +39 02 3659 2280
Fax: : +39 02 3659 2284